*This is a 3 month contract to hire role. Candidate must be interested and eligible to be hired after 3 months
Provide technical support, troubleshooting, review and expansion of Hanover County’s Excel-based budgeting tool; built on an Excel PowerPivot data model platform utilizing data analysis expressions (DAX) syntax.
Provide technical support, troubleshooting, review and expansion of Hanover County’s Excel-based budgeting tool (85% of the role) that is built on an Excel PowerPivot data model platform utilizing data analysis expressions (DAX) syntax.
Manages the integration of data from the County’s various financial, human resources, tax and assessment systems. Coordinates with staff on data presentation and functionality. The position focuses on data management with a portion (approximately 25% of the role) assisting County departments in budget development and monitoring.
This is a professional, administrative position. The incumbent performs complex tasks in the technical development of reporting and systems that support the planning and development of the County’s annual budget. This includes understanding the various data inputs and sources, as well as, developing and maintaining a consolidated budget model.
Organization: The Budget Systems Specialist reports to the Budget Division Director in the Finance & Management Services Department.
• Demonstrates understanding of Excel PowerPivot data models and DAX syntax.
• Ability to create, develop and expand current budget data model.
• Demonstrates ability to develop complex Excel formulas and data models including integrating data from multiple sources.
• Demonstrates innovation in the use of systems, presentation of data and customer service.
• Ability to communicate complex information with key stakeholders.
• Serves as primary contact for and manages the updates and reviews of the Chart of Accounts; the key structure of the County’s financial reporting.
• Identifies system risks and offers recommendations for mitigation.
• Lead on Cognos report writing and testing.
• Performs the duties of a Budget/Management Analyst with regard to assigned departments.
• Works with departments on financial issues including projections and special projects.
• Cultivates professional relationships with coworkers that leads to a higher level of fiscal understanding for the employee and the department served.
• Financial system contingency planning.
• Other work as assigned.