Years of Experience:
12 or more years of experience in the field.
The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will perform a combination of both Infrastructure and Application Architect responsibilities related to MDOS Elections, Financial, and Legal departments. The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will also lead the efforts of those performing Business Analyst duties and executing tasks as defined in the State of Michigan’s Project Management Methodology (PMM) as well as the Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM).
Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Analyze and recommend architecture solutions
• Lead developers in development of system in accordance with defined architecture.
• Ensure compliance with standards (defacto and dejure)
• Analyze and recommend solutions for Web and mobile applications
• Analyze business practices and processes to determine best practice strategies to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency
• Assist with Strategic planning, including applications integration and legacy application strategy
• Analyze hardware and software to assist in the standards determination and setting of processes
• Perform Cost analysis and modeling to assist in the assessment of the return on investment for projects and computer operations.
• Analyze application development processes and tools
• Recommend changes in hardware, storage, network systems, operating systems, COTS software, security and software design to meet future growth and improve system performance
• Assist with the development of Business Process Models
• Assist with architecting the integration of various vendor technologies including COTS
• Support technical teams with implementations
• Assist with the coordination of architectural change in both technical and business environments
• Assist with architecting diverse solutions into a cohesive and manageable environment
• Recommend solutions for technical architectures of web content management applications
• Assist in the development of solution architectures from business requirements, information architecture, and technical architecture
• Analyze market trends so as to relate business needs with technical opportunities
• Participate in technology test plan development and execution
• Create and modify appropriate documentation deliverables that exist within the Systems Engineering Methodology and are required for the State of Michigan standards.
• Lead and review BA efforts and gathering for completeness.
Serves as the communication bridge between non-technical business users and technical solution developers. The Solutions Architect has a depth of knowledge in business analysis and design processes including knowledge of methodology, tools, and techniques. This individual is an active participant in aspects of department assessment, visioning, and reengineering.
Job Type: Contract