The person in this role will work closely with business users and the internal and external project teams to analyze business requirements to create project test scenarios and provide feedback on the actual system implementation of the business logic. You will create test plans, test cases, and will participate in user acceptance testing to ensure that the highest quality products are released to production. These are for multiple, concurrent projects. Some are in the maintenance phase, and some are new development. Projected tasks are:
• Design, document and execute test procedures
• Conduct test entry reviews and record and document test results
• Manage all aspects of User Acceptance Testing
• Participate in business requirements documentation reviews to extract test scenarios
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet:
o business requirements and systems goals
o fulfill end-user requirements
o identify existing or potential issues.
• Work closely with the Projects Group to replicate customer issues and application use cases
An in-person interview will be required for new hire
. Start date/time is flexible.
– Minimum 6 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
– Minimum 6 years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
– Minimum 6 years experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
– Minimum 6 years direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required), reporting software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
Years of Experience:
7-10 years of experience in the field.
Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently. Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines. Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers. Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors. Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards. Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors. Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards. Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program. Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs. Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation. Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction. May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility. May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program. May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures. May train software program users.
•Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies. Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour