State Compensation Board (SCB) is seeking the following Programmer/Analyst to participate in the maintenance coding, documentation, testing, and support of applications developed for our clients. MS SQL Server experience is also highly desired.
Required / Desired Skills:
– At least 10 years of coding experience with COBOL, DB2, SQL, JCL, and TSO/ISPF in an IBM mainframe environment.
– At least 5 years of experience with CICS, SPUFI, and IBM Utilities.
– Familiarity with RC/UPDATE, and CA-InterTest.
– Proficient with both online and batch programming.
– Experience with MS-SQL SERVER or similar database product.
– Exposure to web based technologies.
– Strong consulting and communication skills.
– Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
DAY TO DAY:
– Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
– Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
– Designs program logic to meet specifications and to adhere to prescribed standards.
– Prepares test data and thoroughly tests coded programs to validate accuracy.
– Maintain system and user documentation.
– Analyzes production programs to isolate problems or to determine more efficient methods.
– Maintain a customer service-oriented work approach towards internal and external customers